It is important to defend yourself aggressively if you are charged with a misdemeanor. A conviction could have severe, life-altering consequences―you may go to jail or lose your job. You may also get sentenced to probation or community service, pay a fine or restitution to the alleged victim. You will have a criminal record that could prevent you from getting a job, going to college, or obtaining a bank loan.
Misdemeanors include serious charges like:
- Domestic Violence
- Harming or threatening harm to a family or household member
- Knowingly causing or attempting to cause physical harm to another
- Sexual Imposition
- A conviction requires registration as a sex offender for 15 years
- Probation Violation
- Knowingly making a false statement to the police or a public official
- Obstructing an Official Business
- Impeding a police officer or other public official in the performance of their official duties
If you’re ever arrested or charged with a crime, it’s critical to find a skilled lawyer who’s ready to fight to defend you. Make your first call Graham Law, toll-free at 800-621-8585.