Call for a FREE Consultation (800) 621-8585 Tap to call (800) 621-8585

Every driver of a motor vehicle in Ohio is required by law to carry at least minimum insurance coverage. Should an accident take place, the at-fault driver may be liable to pay for the other party’s injuries and property damages. Their insurance would then pay out the injured party, 

Unfortunately, the reality is that not all drivers carry insurance. This means a driver at fault for an accident may not be able to pay out the compensation the injured accident survivor deserves. Many Ohioans purchase uninsured/underinsured accident insurance to help cover costs in the event of such a situation.

Whether you have uninsured/underinsured accident coverage and are wondering how to file a claim, or if you have questions about what may be possible after an accident with an uninsured driver, our uninsured/underinsured accident attorneys at Graham Law would be happy to talk. Contact us today to book your consultation.

Required Minimum Insurance in Ohio

Drivers in Ohio are required to carry at least $25,000 in bodily injury liability coverage, $25,000 in property damage liability coverage, and $50,000 in coverage for all parties injured in a single accident. 

There are many reasons for why carrying uninsured/underinsured motorist protection is important. With around 1 in 8 Ohio drivers reported to be without insurance, the chances of an uninsured accident are relatively high. If you find yourself injured in a collision for which the at-fault driver does not have enough insurance coverage, the support of uninsured/underinsured motorist protection may be vital. 

If you do not have uninsured/underinsured accident coverage, there may still be an opportunity to pursue the compensation you deserve through a civil lawsuit. Contact our Ohio uninsured/underinsured accident attorneys today to learn more.

What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection?

Uninsured or underinsured motorist protection is an optional addition to your insurance policy. If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, your uninsured/underinsured motorist protection may cover the costs of your damages, including injuries and property damage. If you are not sure whether you have uninsured/underinsured motorist protection, speak with your insurance provider.

What to Do After an Uninsured/Underinsured Accident

As with all motor vehicle accidents, the first and most important action is to make sure you are out of harm’s way. Seek medical attention for any injuries you may have, even if you do not believe them to be severe. Some injuries take time to reveal themselves, and the physical shock of a collision may prevent you from feeling their full impact right away. A medical report can also be essential in any personal injury claim you may wish to pursue in the future.

Do not claim fault for the accident. In the immediate aftermath of a collision, many factors may be unclear, and it may be in everyone’s best interests to avoid rushing to conclusions as to how it occurred. If it is safe to do so, take photos and videos of the accident scene, and record contact information of eyewitnesses as well as anyone involved in the accident.

If the damage caused by the accident exceeds $1,000, whether in the form of bodily injuries, vehicle or other property damage, or a combination thereof, call the police. Make sure to record the police officer’s name and the number of your police report. If the other driver has insurance, record their insurance policy number.

If you have uninsured/underinsured coverage as part of your insurance plan, it may be able to cover the costs of your damages. Alternatively, you may be able to recover compensation by pursuing the at-fault driver’s assets, through a lawsuit.

Should you have any questions about the insurance claims process, or would like to learn more about your options in a situation involving an uninsured or underinsured at-fault driver, contact our uninsured/underinsured accident attorneys today to book a consultation. 

Contact Graham Law and Book a Consultation with Our Ohio Uninsured/Underinsured Accident Attorneys Today

If you or someone you love have been injured in a car accident but the at-fault driver does not have sufficient insurance to cover the costs of your injuries, you may be eligible to receive support through uninsured or underinsured accident coverage. Contact us today at Graham Law to book a consultation with our uninsured/underinsured accident attorneys, and learn what may be possible for you.

Contact Us

Here's where to find us.

Zanesville Office

17 N. 4th St.
Zanesville, Ohio 43701


Cambridge Office

1230 Southgate Pkwy
Cambridge, Ohio 43725

By Appointment